Can I reschedule/continue my court date?

If you need to reschedule your court date and it is before your scheduled appearance, you need to contact the officer at 843-875-1650. You may have to leave a message. You may also request a continuance in open court, however, you will need a valid reason to do so. Valid reasons may include the need to get or consult an attorney or to request a jury trial. The presiding judge may continue the court date on your scheduled court date depending on the circumstances of the case.

Show All Answers

1. What happens if I missed my court date for a criminal charge?
2. What happens if I missed my court date for a traffic ticket?
3. Can I reschedule/continue my court date?
4. Do I have to be in court today?
5. Something unexpected has come up (e.g. illness, car issues, etc.) and I cannot make my court date today. Can you tell the judge/officer or continue my case?
6. Why didn't the judge dismiss my case since the officer was not there?
7. Can I represent myself?
8. My child (age 17 or older) received a ticket for curfew violation, possession of tobacco, or underage drinking. Does he/she need to go to court?
9. My child (age 16 or older) received a traffic ticket. Does [s]he need to appear in court?
10. What is the procedure for entering a plea to a criminal charge?
11. What happens at a trial?
12. Can I plead by phone?
13. How long is the court session? Will it last longer than an hour?
14. Can I get a prayer for judgment?
15. Can I appear earlier than my trial date and time and speak with the judge?
16. Can I pay my ticket and still appear to plead not guilty?