SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Wednesday, August 19, 2020) - The Town of Summerville and the American Red Cross will host a blood drive on Friday, August 28, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rollins Edwards Community Center at 301 N. Hickory St. The goal is to donate 37 pints of blood to help sick patients at local hospitals. All donors will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. To make an appointment, visit www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: Summerville.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Must be at least 16-years-old. A 16-year-old needs parent consent with them at the blood drive.
- Weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Feeling well the day of.
- Hydrate and eat before you come.
To help ensure the health of staff and donors, staff will take the following COVID-19 safety precautions:
- Check temperatures of all donors before entering the gym.
- Provide hand sanitizer.
- Follow social distancing.
- Wearing face coverings for staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment, and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves and changing gloves.
- Use sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
For questions regarding health and medical requirements contact the American Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767.