The Code Enforcement office is located at Town Hall and consists of a Director, one Supervisor and two part time employees. This department is responsible for the enforcement of all Town of Summerville Ordinances.
Code Enforcement services are provided for areas within the Summerville town limits only. If you are unsure if the address you are reporting is in the town limits please review the town streets list (PDF).
- Enforcement of the International Property Maintenance Code to include the condemning of dilapidated and unsafe structures.
- Enforcement of the Town's Nuisance Ordinance.
- Enforcement of the Town's Planning and Zoning Ordinances to include tree removal permits and sign permits.
- Enforcement of Business License and Hospitality Tax Payments
- For business licenses and hospitality tax issues contact Linda Boomhower.
Report a code violation online.
Submit a Request
Your input is valuable to the Town of Summerville. The Town is here to respond to your service requests. You may submit a service request:
- Online using the below service request form
- Calling 843-851-4219 during regular office hours (Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
The Codes Enforcement Department has an officer on call twenty four hours a day, seven days a week for emergency situations only. After hours and weekends on call officers can be contacted through the Summerville Police Department dispatch office. However, you may use the online form at anytime. Complete and submit a Code Enforcement Issue form.