Building Permit Process - Commercial
- Completed building permit application.The Town of Summerville Building Department utilizes a permitting and inspections service called BluePrince. This easy to use online service can be utilized to schedule inspections as well as monitoring any construction project from application through building completion. The premium service is free to use for projects in The Town of Summerville. Enroll through Building Department.
- Plot plan showing all existing buildings plus the new building or addition.
- Construction Drawings
- Special inspections paperwork
- Tree removal permit application and tree survey to remove trees for construction.
- Review fee is due upon submittal of documents for Commercial Design Review Board (CDRB) approval and sign permit review for all commercial properties. Sign review does not apply to commercial properties in the Historic District.
- A subcontractor list is required to be submitted to our office at temp power inspection. The power will not be called in for release to SCE&G unless all of the subcontractors have a current business license with the town and are properly licensed with the South Carolina State LLR licensing board(s).
- A land disturbance permit is required for the lot clearing and grading work. Land disturbance permits, also known as stormwater or MS4 permits, are submitted to and approved by the Engineering Department.
- Contract or scope of work document
Permit packages should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and should include:
- Permit Application
- Rescheck (if applicable)
- Manual J and D cals (if applicable)
- Plot plan (if applicable)
- Home Owners Association Approval letter (if applicable)
- Signed contract