Building Permit Packages should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed building permit application.The Town of Summerville Building Department utilizes a permitting and inspections service called BluePrince. This easy to use online service can be utilized to schedule inspections as well as monitoring any construction project from application through building completion. The premium service is free to use for projects in The Town of Summerville. Click the following link to enroll: www.BuildingDepartment.com.
- Plot plan showing all existing buildings plus the new building or addition.
- Construction Drawings (3 sets).
- Special inspections paperwork.
- Tree removal permit application and tree survey to remove trees for construction.
- Review fee is due upon submittal of documents for Commercial Design Review Board (CDRB) approval and sign permit review for all commercial properties. Sign review does not apply to commercial properties in the Historic District.
- A subcontractor list is required to be submitted to our office at temp power inspection. The power will not be called in for release to SCE&G unless all of the subcontractors have a current business license with the TOWN and are properly licensed with the SC State LLR licensing board(s).
- A land disturbance permit must be applied for in order to clear or grade lot prior to obtaining the building permit. Land disturbance permit must be submitted to the Engineering department and approved by the Town Engineer.
- Contract or scope of work document.