SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Thursday, July 9, 2020) – Summerville Town Council has passed an emergency ordinance requiring the public to wear face coverings in all establishments where face-to-face interaction occurs through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, August 13, 2020, unless renewed or sooner terminated by Council. The vote was made at the regular scheduled monthly council meeting on Thursday, July 7, in the best interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution in helping to reduce risk of exposure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Annex Building and Town Hall are closed to the public until 8:30 a.m. Monday, July 20. Services for permitting, planning, zoning, business licensing, code enforcement, and general requests are available online through the CitizenServe portal or by phone.
- Town Hall: (843) 871-6000
- Administration: (843) 851-4200 or (843) 851-4201
- Building Permits: (843) 851-4205
- Business Licenses: (843) 851-4215 or (843) 695-6508
- Code Enforcement: (843) 851-4219
- Fire Department: (843) 873-5107
- Municipal Court: (843) 875-2010
- Parks and Recreation: (843) 510-0005
- Planning/Tree Permits: (843) 851-4214
- Police Department: (843) 871-2463 or (843) 875-1650
- Public Works: (843) 851-4225
All Town Council, Committees, Boards, and Commission meetings will be held electronically through Thursday, August 13. The Town will host meetings through Zoom, a digital conferencing service that allows meetings to be broadcast on the Internet to devices such as computers, tablets, and phones. The public can watch meetings by clicking the ‘live streaming’ link on the homepage of the Town’s website.
- Court is postponing and rescheduling all traffic and criminal cases set for July 2020.
- Bond hearings will continue as scheduled.
- Anyone with questions can call the court at 843-875-2010 or email email@example.com
- Payments can be made online at SC.gov or dropped off in our overnight payment receptacle outside Town Hall.
- The Summerville Farmers Market will not be back in its normal form for the rest of 2020. Starting Saturday, July 11, the Town will host a scaled-down Mini Summerville Farmers Market in an effort to support local farmers. The market operates every Saturday between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. behind Town Hall.
- Fire Department’s car seat installation classes are canceled.
- Staff will work with permittees on upcoming rentals.
- Business license penalties are suspended through August 31. This suspension is only for penalties and does not affect the actual payments.
- Staff is monitoring service requests through the Town of Summerville app and phone calls made to (843) 851-4225.
- Rollins Edwards Community Center will reopen to the public on Friday, July 10.
- Registration is open for fall youth sports through Friday, July 31.
The Town advises the public to take precautions issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information visit www.summervillesc.gov or call the appropriate department.