SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Tuesday, March 17, 2020) - The Town of Summerville continues to monitor information regarding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). While Town Hall will remain open, the public will enter Town Hall from the W. 2nd South St. entrance between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. All services for permitting, planning, zoning, business licensing, code enforcement, and general requests are also available online through our CitizenServe portal.
Buildings Closed to the Public
- Cuthbert Community Center
- Gahagan Park and Recreation Building
- Rollins Edwards Community Center
- All traffic/criminal court and preliminary hearings will be rescheduled for April 2020. The only sessions that will be held are bond hearings daily at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., if an afternoon bond is necessary. We are currently in the process of rescheduling all cases at this time. Our offices will remain open for payments Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Payments can also be made online at SC.gov or dropped off in our overnight payment receptacle outside Town Hall.
- 2020 Farmers Market has been postponed.
- Fire Department’s Car Seat Installation.
- Movies in the Park for Friday, March 27 is canceled.
- Staff will work with permittees on upcoming rentals.
- Any event over 50 is discouraged.
- The Town will wave penalties for local hospitality and accommodations taxes due on March 20, 2020.
- The Commercial Design Review Board (CDRB) meeting planned for 4 p.m. Thursday, March 19, 2020, has been moved to Council Chambers. The meeting is limited to just applicants. It will be live streamed.
- All Town spring sports have been postponed.
Public Works activities, including trash and yard debris, will continue with limited human interaction.
The Town advises the public to take precautions issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization.
For more information on Town services, visit www.summervillesc.gov or call the appropriate department.
- Town Hall: (843) 871-6000.
- Administration: (843) 851-4200 or (843) 851-4201
- Building Permits: (843) 851-4205
- Business Licenses: (843) 851-4215 or (843) 695-6508
- Code Enforcement: (843) 851-4219
- Fire Department: (843) 873-5107
- Municipal Court: (843) 875-2010
- Parks and Recreation: (843) 851-5211
- Planning/Tree Permits: (843) 851-4214
- Police Department: (843) 875-1650 or (843) 871-2463
- Public Works: (843) 851-4225