- Administrative Services
- Freedom of Information Request Form
- Blog & Social Media Comment Policy
Blog & Social Media Comment Policy
The purpose of the Town of Summerville’s social media presence is to provide information about Town of Summerville services, events and happenings, history, meetings, emergency updates and programs, as well as other information that is of public interest to residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
To promote respectful discussion within the Town of Summerville's social media sites, we request that you be courteous and productive and avoid comments that are off-topic, profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
By posting a comment or other material to any/all of the Town of Summerville's social media sites, users give the Town of Summerville the irrevocable right to review, edit, delete and/or ban users in its sole discretion, submissions for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Discussion not relevant to topic
- Advocates illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations or causes
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Personally identifiable medical information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Town of Summerville government or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning this social media platform, please contact the Public Information Officer for the Town of Summerville.