- Town of Summerville Adminstrative Offices will be closed Monday, February 19 in observance of Presidents Day. Garbage and recycling pick up remain on schedule for the week of February 19. However, there will be no yard debris or bulk pick up on Monday, February 19.
- Parks & Recreation will be working with Clemson University to develop a Strategic Master Plan for the department. Beginning on Wednesday, February 7, the public is invited to complete an online survey to provide input in the areas of programs, services, parks, and facilities. The survey should take no more than 15 minutes to complete and will be available until midnight on Saturday, March 3.
- Registration is now open for spring adult sports programs. Check pages for registration deadlines.
- Join us Saturday April 14 for the opening day of the 2018 Farmers Market season. Applications including vendor, corporate table, non-profit table and musician are now available. The deadline for submitting all applications is Wednesday February 28.
- Curbside Single-Stream Recycling begins January 1, 2018 with your new 95-gallon recycling roll cart. Pick up remains weekly on the same day as your garbage day. Note that no other receptacle besides the 95-gallon recycling roll cart will be emptied for recycling. Contact Waste Pro with questions.
- The Mayor and Council of the Town of Summerville are accepting applications to fill the vacancies on several Citizen Committees, Boards, and Commissions. Review positions here.
Welcome to Summerville:
Welcome to Summerville, the Flower Town in the Pines, where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with the modern and progressive. Summerville is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future.
Steeped in natural beauty of lush pines and blooming azaleas Summerville - a Tree City USA community may be a small town, but when you're a small town with big charm anything is possible.
Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville a truly special place to work, live and play.
Enjoy Free Parking and Free Wi-Fi in Historic Downtown